Morehouse '00 prepares for Beijing Olympics
This August, Tim Morehouse '00 will become the first Brandeis alumnus to represent the United States at the Olympic Games in Beijing, China. The Brandeis athletics web site will be following Morehouse's progress. Until the Games start on August 8, here are some links and updates on Tim's progress:
- UPDATE, July 29: Tim checks 10 days before the games: "Woke up this morning and realized that a week from today I will be in Beijing, China living in the Olympic Village! I've waited so long for this moment to come and now it's almost here!" Read more of Tim Morehouse's blog at www.timmorehouse.wordpress.com
- UPDATE, July 27: More media placements for Tim in the in the New York Times, The Waltham Daily News Tribune, the New York Daily News and the Treasure HD network (about nine minutes in), among others
- July 17: Tim was featured in the July 16th Ventura County Times.
- July 14: After winning the silver medal behind teammate Keeth Smart at the Pan-Am Zonal Championships, Tim will be ranked 17th at the Olympics, while the US team will be seeded 7th. More details on the Olympic competition are available at in this release.
- July 3: Tim writes: "I will be making a live appearance on the
PBS show that celebrates our independence day called, "A Capital
Fourth". It will be on from 8-9pm and include Jimmy Smits hosting,
a bunch of different bands and fireworks. Not sure if my appearance
will be much more than hand waiving, but if you're at home on July
4, check it out! We will also get to attend a reception at the
Capital afterwards which should be fun!"
- July 3: An interview with Tim at Mouthpiece
- Tim's web site, http://www.timmorehouse.com/
- Tim's bio video at NBCOlympics.com
- A profile in the semester's final issue of The
- Videos from Tim's USOC Bio page
We'll have more updates on the first Brandeis Olympian as they come in!