ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Brandeis men's and women's swimming and diving teams headed to western New York this weekend to compete in the University of Rochester Invitational. The Judges faced their UAA foes from Rochester and NYU, as well as a Division I program in Canisius College.
- The meet was scored as a series of dual meets between the three schools.
- WOMEN: Canisius 281, Brandeis 66; NYU 313, Brandeis 47; Rochester 303, Brandeis 57
- MEN: Canisius 302, Brandeis 63; NYU 301, Brandeis 60; Rochester 300, Brandeis 65
- The Judges had two competitors with four top-10 finishes
- Rookie Kylie Herman (Weston, Fla./Cypress Bay) had the women's squad's overall top finish, placing third in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:23.53. Herman also took 8th in the 400-yard individual medley (5:00.41), 9th in the 200 IM (2:21.66), and 10th in the 200 butterfly (2:23.03)
- Sophomore Zach Diamond (Staten Island, N.Y./Staten Island Academy) paced the men's side with a 6th-place finish in the 1,650-yard freestyle with a mark of 17:16.15 in his first mile of the season. Diamond also finished 7th in the 200 butterfly (2:08.13) and in the 500 free (5:07.07), with an 8th-place finish in the 400 IM (4:32.34).
- Sophomore diver Sam Zucker (Omaha, Neb./Anderson) also finished sixth in the 3-meter event with a score of 190.75, while also placing 8th in the 1-meter with a mark of 161.65.
- There was one other multiple top-10 finisher on the women's side, junior Joanna Murphy (Sarasota, Fla./Riverside). Murphy was 7th in the 1,650 free (18:50.52) and in the 500 free (5:33.05), while placing 10th in the 200 free (2:07.35).
- For the men, sophomore Taku Harada (Henrico, Va. / Mills E. Godwin) reached the top 10 in the 200 IM (2:08.78) and in the 500 free (5:13.77), placing 10th in both.
- Three other women reached the top 10: senior Theresa Gaffney (Braintree, Mass. / Braintree, 9th, 1650 free, 20:16.40); sophomore Ariana Traub (Tiburon, Calif./Redwood, 8th, 50 free, 26.95); and sophomore Sherry Tu (Guangdong, China / Our Lady of Mercy School for Young Women (N.Y.), 100 back, 10th, 1:05.94)
- Also in the top 10 for the men were junior Cameron Braz (Monson, Mass./Monson, 10th, 200 freestyle, 1:52.97) and junior Edan Zitelny (Syosset, N.Y./Syosset, 9th, 100 fly, 57.13)
- The Judges meet WPI and Babson in Worcester on Sunday. Nov. 8.