ONEONTA, N.Y. – The Brandeis University swimming and diving team, in their first dual meet under head coach Nicole Watson won 12 of 32 events at Hartwick College, but the Judges dropped the overall team scores, 159-116 for the women and 165-115 for the men.
- The Judges' lone triple winner at the meet was rookie Claire Xu (East Hanover, N.J./Newark Academy). Xu won the 50 backstroke handily with a time of 29.46 seconds, more than a second-and-a-half over her next-closest competitor. She took the 100 back in 1:03.66 and claimed the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:20.68.
- On the men's side, junior Tamir Zitelny (Syosset, N.Y./Syosset) captured the 100 butterfly in 54.94 seconds and the 100 back in 54.71 seconds.
- Sophomore Richard Selznick (Las Vegas, Calif./Palos Verde) took first in the distance freestyle events, taking the 500 by seven seconds with a time of 5:00.06 and the 1000 in 10:17.18, a good 30 seconds before the Hawks' first finisher.
- Sophomore Daniel Wohl (Chapel Hill, N.C. / East Chapel Hill) also had two wins, claiming the 100 and 200 freestyle races with times of 48.63 seconds and 1:48.18 in the 100 and 200 separately.
- Individual winners were senior Kylie Herman (Weston, Fla./Cypress Hill) in the women's 200 free (2:04.04); junior Matthew Arcemont (Santa Ana, Calif. / Mater Dei) in the men's 50 butterfly, and rookie Brendon Lu (Basking Ridge, NJ / Ridge) who finished the men's 200 IM with a time of 2:01.89.
- The Judges return to action tomorrow afternoon against Vassar College.