Men's tennis blanks Alma, 9-0
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Brandeis men's tennis team enjoyed its first sweep of the 2008-09 season today, defeating Alma College, out of Michigan, by a 9-0 score. The Judges improve to 3-2 on the campaign with the win.
After cruising to three wins in doubles action, including 8-1 wins at No. 1 and 2, no Brandeis played was really tested in singles matches, either. Senior captain Scott Schulman (Wethersfield, Conn./Wethersfield) did not drop a game in his victory at No. 2, while sophomore Simon Miller (Plantation, Fla./Plantation) took a 6-1, 6-2 win at No. 3. Sophomore Mayur Kasetty (Northboro, Mass./St. Johns) and rookie Josh Bookman (Weston, Mass./Weston) both enjoyed 6-2, 6-2, wins at No. 4 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
NCAA MEN'S TENNIS
Brandeis 9, Alma 0
At Orlando, Fla.
1. Steven Nieman (B) def. Dan Fraser (A), 6-1, 6-3
2. Scott Schulman (B) def. Kace Lovejoy (A), 6-0, 6-0
3. Simon Miller (B) def. Alex Montoye (A), 6-1, 6-2
4. Mayur Kasetty (B) def. Mark Stuart (A), 6-2, 6-2
5. Craig Elman (B) def. Zack Kerr (A), 6-1, 7-5
6. Josh Bookman (B) def. Ben Schippers (A), 6-2, 6-2
1. Miller/Schulman (B) def. Fraser/Lovejoy (A), 8-1
2. Kasetty/Nieman (B) def. Montoye/Stuart (A), 8-1
3. Bookman/Elman (B) def. Kerr/Schippers (A), 8-4