Men's tennis ends spring trip on high note, blanking Capital, 9-0
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Brandeis men's tennis team closed out its spring trip to Orlando, Florida, in style today, defeating Capital University of Ohio, 9-0. The Judges completed the trip with a 3-2 record and improved to 5-2 overall on the season. Capital fell to 0-2.
Brandeis had a pair of singles wins in which they won 12 out of the 13 games played. Sophomores Steven Nieman (Forest Hills, N.Y./Benjamin Cardozo) and Simon Miller (Plantation, Fla./Plantation) were 6-0, 6-1 winners at No.1 and No. 3, respectively. Miller only dropped the one game all day, as he also teamed with senior Scott Schulman (Wethersfield, Conn./Wethersfield) to earn an 8-0 win at No. 1 doubles. Schulman, at No. 2 singles, and rookie Josh Bookman (Weston, Mass./Weston), playing at No. 5, each recorded 6-2, 6-1 wins.
Brandeis 9, Capital 0
at Orlando, Fla.
1. Steven Nieman (B) def. Max Hoff (C), 6-0, 6-1
2. Scott Schulman (B) def. Casey Filas (C), 6-2, 6-1
3. Simon Miller (B) def. David Albert (C), 6-0, 6-1
4. Craig Elman (B) def. Jason Long (C), 6-2, 6-3
5. Josh Bookman (B) def. Austin Wathen (C) 6-2, 6-1
6. Dan Roffman (B) def. Pat Ziders (C), 2-6, 6-4, (13-11)
1. Schulman/Miller (B) def. Hoff/Filas (C), 8-0
2. Kasetty/Nieman (B) def. Albert/Wathen (C), 8-5
3. Elman/Bookman (B) def. Long/Tommy Stein (C), 8-2
TEAM RECORD: Brandeis, 5-2. Capital, 0-2.