WALTHAM, Mass. - Brandeis University senior Scott Schulman (Wethersfield, Conn./Wethersfield) earned two points in his final collegiate home match today as the Judges' men's tennis team defeated Colby-Sawyer College, 7-2, on the Rieger Tennis Courts.
Brandeis (7-9) was paced by their two-time captain, who picked up a 6-2, 6-2, win at No. 1 singles and teamed with sophomore Simon Miller (Plantation, Fla./Plantation) for an 8-0 win at No. 1 singles. Miller took a 6-3, 6-3, decision at No. 2 singles. Junior Seth Rogers (Gainesville, Fla./Eastside) had the easiest match of the day at No. 3 singles, not dropping a game in a 6-0, 6-0, win. Rookie Josh Bookman (Weston, Mass./Weston) also cruised at No. 5 singles, 6-0, 6-2. Rogers and sophomore Mayur Kasetty (Northboro, Mass./ St. Johns) teamed for an 8-3 win at No. 2 doubles, while Kasetty was a 7-5, 6-1 winner at No. 4 singles.
Colby-Sawyer (7-5) got their two points from the bottom of their line-up. Senior Evan Campbell (White River Junction, Vt./Hartford) and sophomore Robert Barnes (Wayland, Mass./Wayland) teamed for an 8-4 win at No. 3 doubles, while rookie Chris Lavoie (Gorham, Maine/Cheverus) won the day's most competitive match at No. 6 singles, 7-6 (7-4), 7-5.
Brandeis is next in action tomorrow at MIT at 3 p.m.
Brandeis University 7, Colby-Sawyer College 2
Apr 13, 2009 at Waltham, Mass.
1. Scott Schulman (BRMTEN) def. Hart Callahan (CSC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Simon Miller (BRMTEN) def. Ben Dabush (CSC) 6-3, 6-3
3. Seth Rogers (BRMTEN) def. Robert Barnes (CSC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Mayur Kasetty (BRMTEN) def. Bryan Racz (CSC) 7-5, 6-1
5. Josh Bookman (BRMTEN) def. Evan Campbell (CSC) 6-0, 6-2
6. Chris Lavoie (CSC) def. Craig Elman (BRMTEN) 7-6 (7-4), 7-5
1. Scott Schulman/Simon Miller (BRMTEN) def. Hart Callahan/Ben Dabush (CSC) 8-0
2. Seth Rogers/Mayur Kasetty (BRMTEN) def. Bryan Racz/Chris Lavoie (CSC) 8-3
3. Evan Campbell/Robert Barnes (CSC) def. Josh Bookman/Craig Elman (BRMTEN) 8-4
Brandeis University 7-9
Colby-Sawyer College 7-5