Milo clinches win as Judges down Coast Guard, 7-2
WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Brandeis men's tennis team won its first and only match of the fall season tonight, 7-2, over the United States Coast Guard Academy. The match was played indoors in the Gosman Athletic Center because of the rain.
The Judges got off to a fast start, claiming two out of three doubles matches. Seniors Simon Miller and Nick White were 8-5 winers at No. 1, while sophomores Ezra Bernstein and Fred Rozenshteyn cruised, 8-1, at No. 3.
In singles action, Bernstein breezed to victory in an early match at No. 6, 6-1, 6-1, while Mille's 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 2 got the Judges within one point. After Greg Mitchell outlasted White at No. 1 singles, 5-7, 6-3, 7-6, by winning the third set in a 7-4 tiebreaker, Milo clinched the victory at third singles, 6-3, 6-2.
Coast Guard Academy vs Brandeis University
Oct 01, 2010 at Waltham, Mass.
(Gosman Athletic Center (Indoors))
Brandeis University 7, Coast Guard Academy 2
1. Greg Mitchell (USCGA) def. Nick White (BRMTEN) 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
2. Simon Miller (BRMTEN) def. Nick Martin (USCGA) 6-4, 6-2
3. Steven Milo (BRMTEN) def. Austin Dean (USCGA) 6-3, 6-2
4. Fred Rozenshteyn (BRMTEN) def. Chris Hoffman (USCGA) 6-4, 6-3
5. Dave Yovanoff (BRMTEN) def. Josh Fischer (USCGA) 6-2, 3-6, 10-7
6. Ezra Bernstein (BRMTEN) def. Anthony Foss (USCGA) 6-1, 6-1
1. Simon Miller/Nick White (BRMTEN) def. Nick Martin/Greg Mitchell (USCGA) 8-5
2. Austin Dean/Chris Hoffman (USCGA) def. Steven Milo/Dave Yovanoff (BRMTEN) 8-6
3. Ezra Bernstein/Fred Rosenshteyn (BRMTEN) def. Matt Faha/Josh Fischer (USCGA) 8-1
TEAM RECORDS: Brandeis, 1-0. Coast Guard, 3-1.