Brandeis men's tennis falls to Bentley, 7-2
WALTHAM, Mass.- The Brandeis men's tennis team fell in their home opener to Bentley University, 7-2. Despite some strong fill in performances, the Judges struggled with three of their top players missing for the match. Still, Brandeis was led by junior Josh Jordan (Northboro, Mass./ Algonquin Regional) and rookie Alec Siegel (Deerfield, Ill./ Deerfield) who took home singles victories. The Judges fell to 2-5 on the year while Bentley improved to 8-4.
Filling in at #1 singles, Jordan played a tough match against a very good opponent. After losing the first set 6-2, he rallied to take the second set 6-4 and finish off the match with a gritty 10-7 victory in the super tiebreaker. Siegel had an easier time as he breezed to a straight set 6-1, 6-4 win in his first start at #2 singles. Brandeis also put a scare in Bentley's #1 doubles team when rookies Michael Secular (Bronx, N.Y./ Plant (Fla.) and Siegel teamed up for a hard fought match but they eventually fell 8-6.
The Judges will continue their season on March 24th in their second home match of the season against the Coast Guard Academy with the matches beginning at 1:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Bentley University vs Brandeis
Mar 21, 2012 at Waltham, Mass.
(Rieger Tennis Courts)
Bentley University 7, Brandeis 2
1. Josh Jordan (BRMTEN) def. Lucas Wever (BENT) 2-6, 6-4, 10-7
2. Alec Siegel (BRMTEN) def. ZachTuckman (BENT) 6-1, 6-4
3. Rodrigo Ribero (BENT) def. Michael Secular (BRMTEN) 6-3, 6-3
4. Jimmy Rindo (BENT) def. Adam Brown (BRMTEN) 6-7 (8-10), 6-4, 10-7
5. Alex Spycher (BENT) def. Michael DeFeo (BRMTEN) 6-4, 6-3
6. Andrew Waddington (BENT) def. Matthew Zuckerman (BRMTEN) 6-2, 6-2
1. ZachTuckman/Rodrigo Ribero (BENT) def. Alec Siegel/Michael Secular (BRMTEN) 8-6
2. Lucas Wever/Andrew Waddington (BENT) def. Ben Fine/Josh Jordan (BRMTEN) 8-2
3. Victor Suski/Peter Koopman (BENT) def. Evan Berner/Michael DeFeo (BRMTEN) 8-3
Bentley University 8-4