ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Brandeis women's tennis team bounced back from their second loss of the season with a convincing 8-1 win over Alma College, out of Michigan, on their spring trip to Orlando. The Judges moved to 4-2 on the season thanks to three singles matches in which they dropped one or zero games.
The Judges had little trouble in doubles action, winning 8-2 in the top two spots and 8-1 at No. 3. Sophomore Rachel Rosman (Bonita Springs, Fla./Estero) did not drop a game at No. 1 singles and lost just two in the top double stop. Junior Ariana Sanai (Hopewell Junction, N.Y./John Jay) and sophomore Mackenzie Gallegos (Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood) both cruised to 6-1, 6-0, triumphs at No. 3 and No. 4 singles, respectively. Junior Emily Weisberger (Wayne, N.J./Wayne Hills) teamed with Sanai at No. 2 doubles and won a 6-1, 6-2, match at No. 5 singles.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Brandeis 8, Alma 1
At Orlando, Fla.
1. Rachel Rosman (B) def. Laura McKendry (A), 6-0, 6-0
2. Gabrielle Helfgott (B) def. Amy Baranowski (A), 6-3, 6-2
3. Ariana Sanai (B) def. Jennifer Meloche (A), 6-1, 6-0
4. Mackenzie Gallegos (B) def. Abby McCoe (A), 6-1, 6-0
5. Emily Weisberger (B) def. Emily Noss (A), 6-1, 6-2
6. Heather Spratt (A) def. Nina Levine (B), 3-6, 6-4, (10-5)
1. Helfgott/Rosman (B) def. McKendry/Meloche (A), 8-2
2. Sanai/Weisberger (B) def. Baranowski/Noss (A), 8-2
3. Levine/Gallegos (B) def. McCoe/Kelsey Edwin(A), 8-1