Women's tennis posts 9-0 win over Capital to conclude spring trip
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Brandeis women's tennis team had no problem ending their spring trip to Florida on a high night, as no match went longer than two games past the minimum in the Judges' 9-0 win over Capital University. With the win, Brandeis went 4-1 on their Orlando trip, and improves to 6-2 overall. Capital falls to 0-2.
The junior duo of Ariana Sanai (Hopewell Junction, N.Y./John Jay) and Emily Weisberger (Wayne, N.J./Wayne Hills) were perfect on the day, winning 8-0 at No. 2 doubles and 6-0, 6-0 at No. 3 and No. 5 singles, respectively. The third double-bagel of the day belonged to sophomore Mackenzie Gallegos (Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood), who won at No. 4. Gallegos had earned University Athletic Association Women's Tennis Player of the Week honors earlier in the day.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Brandeis 9, Capital 0
at Orlando, Fla.
1. Rachel Rosman (B) def. Robin Burnette (C), 6-0, 6-2
2. Gabrielle Helfgott (B) def. Kirsten Foss (C), 6-1, 6-1
3. Ariana Sanai (B) def. Erica Pittmann (C), 6-0, 6-0
4. Mackenzie Gallegos (B) def. Meredith Wedell (C), 6-0, 6-0
5. Emily Weisberger (B) def. Krissy Lahman (C), 6-0, 6-0
6. Davida Judelson (B) def. Audrey Craig (C), 6-2, 6-0
1. Rosman/Gallegos (B) def. Burnette/Pittmann (C), 8-1
2. Sanai/Weisberger (B) def. Foss/Wedell (C), 8-0
3. Helfgott/Judelson (B) def. Lahman/Craig (C), 8-0