ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Brandeis women's tennis team improved to 3-1 on their spring trip to Florida and 5-2 overall today thanks to an 8-1 win over Oneonta State University. The Judges were led by sophomores Rachel Rosman (Bonita Springs, Fla./Estero) and Mackenzie Gallegos (Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood), who did not drop a single game in three matches. They combined at No. 1 doubles for an 8-0 victory over the Red Dragons, then won 6-0, 6-0, singles decisions at No. 1 and No. 4, respectively.
The Judges wrap up their trip to Orlando tomorrow against Capital University.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Brandeis 8, Oneonta St. 1
at Orlando, Fla.
1. Rachel Rosman (B) def. Jen Kraham (O), 6-0, 6-0
2. Gabrielle Helfgott (B) def. Emily Shannon (O), 6-0, 6-1
3. Ariana Sanai (B) def. Katie Wlodarczyk (O), 6-1, 6-1
4. Mackenzie Gallegos (B) def. Liz Flamman (O), 6-0, 6-0
5. Emily Weisberger (B) def. Carly Fried (O), 6-1, 6-2
6. Allison Pearlman (O) def. Nina Levine (B), 5-6 (ret)
1. Rosman/Gallegos (B) def. Kraham/Flamman (O), 8-0
2. Helfgott/Levine (B) def. Shannon/Wlodarczyk (O), 9-8 (4)
3. Weisberger/Sanai (B) def. Fried/Ashley Sears (O), 8-1