Women's tennis drops second-straight to ranked DII squad, 6-3, at Florida Tech
MELBOURNE, Fla. -- The Brandeis women's tennis tgeam suffered their second-straight loss in a match against a ranked Division II squad, as the Judges, ranked No. 29 in Division III dropped a 6-3 decision to No. 25 Florida Institute of Technology.
Brandeis dropped all three doubles matches to start the match. In singles action, the Panthers picked up a couple of quick wins at Nos. 1 and 3, but Brandeis senior Emily Weisberger (Wayne, N.J./Wayne Hills) got the Judges on the board with a 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 6. Junior Mackenzie Gallegos (Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood) earned a 7-6 (7-2), 6-4 win at No. 4 before rookie Faith Broderick (Washingtonville, N.Y./Washingtonville) rallied for her second win of the Florida trip after dropping the first set, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4.
With the loss, Brandeis falls to 3-2 on the season, while FIT improves to 3-2. The Judges continue their four-match road trip to the Sunshine State on Saturday at Palm Beach Atlantic University.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
At Melbourne, Fla.
Florida Tech 6, Brandeis 3
1. Natalia Ramos (FIT) def. Rachel Rosman (BR) 6-2, 6-1
2. Faith Broderick (BR) def. Katarina Huba (FIT) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4
3. Andrea Madrigal (FIT) def. Ariana Sanai (BR) 6-1, 6-2
4. Mackenzie Gallegos (BR) def. Stefanie Donrer (FIT) 7-6(2), 6-4
5. Abbey Keister (FIT) def. Nina Levine (BR) 7-5, 6-0
6. Emily Weisberger (BR) def. Sarah Collins (FIT) 6-1, 6-0
1. Dohrer/Huba (FIT) def. Rosman/Gallegos (BR) 8-6
2. Ramos/Keister (FIT) def. Broderick/Weisberger (BR) 8-2
3. Monica Price/Alexis Weinnig (FIT) def. Sanai/Levine (BR) 8-6