BOSTON, Mass. -- The Brandeis women's tennis team won its second dual match of the fall season, defeating Simmons College, 9-0. The Judges lost just four games in doubles action, while they went on to take four of the 13 singles sets without dropping a game.
Juniors Rachel Rosman (Bonita Springs, Fla./Estero) and Mackenzie Gallegos (Friendswood, Texas/Friendswood) teamed for an 8-1 win at No. 1 doubles, with Rosman earning a 7-6 (7-1), 6-0, win at No. 1 singles. Rookie Faith Broderick (Washingtonville, N.Y./Washingtonville) continued to impress in the No. 2 slots, dropping just two games combined. She and sophomore Sara Richman (Sewickley, Pa./Quaker Hills) earned an 8-1 win in doubles, while Broderick won, 6-0, 6-1, in singles action. Senior Ariana Sanai (Hopewell Junction, N.Y./John Jay) and sophomore Nina Levine (Westport, Conn./Staples) took an 8-2 decision at No. 3 doubles, with Sanai taking a 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 3 singles and Levine going 6-1, 6-0 at No. 6.
The Judges' final dual match of the season takes place at Bentley University on Sept. 24.
1. Rachel Rosman (B) def. Sabrina Salmela (S), 7-6 (1), 6-0
2. Faith Broderick (B) def. Maile Macleod (S) , 6-0, 6-1
3. Ariana Sanai (B) def. Maggie Taylor (S), 6-3, 6-1
4. Emily Weisberger (B) def. Katy Hallinan (S), 6-0, 4-6, (10-8)
5. Sarah Richman (B) def. Jordan Borash (S), 6-4, 6-4
6. Nina Levine (B) def. Brittany Dolloff (S), 6-1, 6-0
1. Rosman/Mackenzie Gallegos def. Salmela/Macleod (S), 8-1
2. Broderick/Richman def. Taylor/Melissa Keroack (S), 8-1
3. Sanai/Levine def. Athena Lynch/Borash (S), 8-2