RIVERDALE, N.Y. – The Brandeis men's soccer team suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of University Athletic Association rivals NYU this afternoon at Gaelic Park in Riverdale, N.Y. The Judges see a five-match winning streak snapped as their regular-season record finishes at 10-5-3, 3-2-2 in the UAA. NYU closes their regular season at 9-7-2, 3-4-0 UAA.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The game's only goal was scored in the 24th minute. After NYU drew a foul just outside the 18-yard box, senior Tristan Medios-Simon took a free kick and blasted it over the Brandeis wall and past Judge junior Ben Woodhouse (Suffield, Conn./Suffield).
- Brandeis outshot NYU, 7-1, after the goal, but Violet netminder Lucas Doucette made four of his five saves to preserve the lead.
- The Judges outshot NYU, 11-6, for the game, and owned a 6-3 edge in corner kicks, but they ended up suffering their first shutout since Oct. 8.
- Brandeis senior Evan Jastremski (Marshfield, Mass./Marshfield) led the team with three shots, two of which were on net.
- Brandeis will await the NCAA Division III Tournament selection show on Monday at 1 p.m. to learn if they will be making a fifth-straight NCAA Tournament appearance. The Judges were fourth in New England in the most recent NCAA regional ranking. The video will be streamed at http://www.ncaa.com/live/player?vid=2016/2724&date=2016/11/07