BOSTON / CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Brandeis University track and field team competed at a pair of meets this weekend, running at the David Hemery Valentine Classic at BU on Friday and Saturday and at the Gordon Kelley Invitational at MIT on Saturday.
Once again, senior Emily Bryson (Quincy, Mass./North Quincy) was the team's top performer. On Friday evening at BU, she ran the mile in 4:48.36, lowering her Division III season-best time by more than a second. She placed third in her heat and 22nd overall amongst a field of Division I and unattached runners, placing 13th among collegians.
The lone BU race of Saturday for the women was the distance medley relay, which the Judges ran competitively for the first time this season. Bryson anchored the race today, as she did last year at the NCAA Championships. The Judges finished that race in third place, and they turned in the third-fastest time in the nation so far this season with a time of 11:50.34. They Judges were just one-thousandth of a second behind Williams in third among DIII schools at the meet today, with MIT running the fastest of the season to date. Emily's twin sister Julia Bryson (Quincy, Mass./North Quincy) led off the race with the 1,200-meter leg, while a non-Bryson Quincy native, rookie Devin Hiltunen (Quincy, Mass./North Quincy) ran the 400. Senior Doyin Ogundiran (Dix Hills, N.Y./Half Hollow Hills East) ran the 800 leg, as she did at nationals a year ago. In all, the five fastest times in DIII so far this season were run today at BU.
OTHER PERSONAL BESTS – WOMEN (AT BU)
- Senior Maya Bliss (Williamsburg, Mass./Amherst Regional) – 800-meters – 2:20.2
- Sophomore Leinni Valdez (Providence, R.I./Hope) – 800 meters – 2:20.7
- Rookie Devin Hiltunen (Quincy, Mass./North Quincy) – 200 meters – 26.25 seconds
- Rookie Anna Touitou (Pleasantville, N.Y./Pleasantville) – 200 meters – 26.87 seconds
- Rookie Sonali Anderson (Fayetteville, Ga./Whitewater) – 200 meters – 27.11 seconds
- Rookie Erin Magill (Moretown, Vt./Harwood Union) – 3,000-meters – 10:53
OTHER PERSONAL BESTS / TOP FINISHES – MEN
- AT BU
- Junior Lorenzo Maddox (Atlanta, Ga./Maynard Jackson) – 60-meter dash – 7.20 seconds
- Senior Regan Charie (Topsfield, Mass./Masconomet Regional) -200-meters – 22.49 seconds
- Sophomore Josh Lombardo (Westbrook, Maine/Westbrook) – mile run – 4:27.88
- Rookie Matthew Driben (Reading, Pa./Wyomissing Area) – mile run – 4:29.30
- AT MIT
- Rookie Dion Morris-Evans (Canal Fulton, Ohio/Northwest) – 60-meter hurdles – 8.62 seconds (2nd place)
- Morris Evans – high jump – 1.85 meters (6 feet, 0 ¾ inches)
- Rookie Jeremiah Fantroy (Atlanta, Ga./Marist School) – 35-pound weight – 10.85 meters (35 feet, 7 ¼ inches)
- Junior Dan Curley (Norwood, Mass./Norwood) – 3,000-meter run – 9:11.52 (1st place, no PR)
- Junior Jack Allan (Wrentham, Mass./King Phillip Regional) – 60-meter hurdles – 8.87 seconds (3rd place, no PR)
- Sophomore Breylen Ammen (Lincoln, Mass./Lincoln-Sudbury) – pole vault – 4.55 meters (14 feet, 11 inches, 2nd place, ties PR)