WENHAM, Mass. – Playing with just eight healthy players on the roster, the Brandeis women's basketball team suffered a 57-48 defeat at the hands of Gordon College today on the road. The Judges fall to 3-5, while the Fighting Scots improve to 3-7.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brandeis led 21-14 after one quarter, but the Judges struggled from the floor in the second as Gordon outscored them 18-5, and the Scots never trailed again.
- Brandeis struggled from 3-point range, hitting just 3-of-24 (12.5%), while Gordon connected on 13-of-35 from long distance (37.1%).
- The Scots were paced by Brooke Dyson, who was 8-for-13 from downtown for a game-high 26 points.
- Brandeis's leading scorer was sophomore forward Camila Casanueva (Santa Barbara, Calif./Dos Pueblos), who had 11 points, while junior center Amber Graves (La Canada, Calif./La Canada) matched her career-high with 10 points off the bench.
- Senior guards Sarah Jaromin (E. Greenbush, N.Y./Columbia) and Ellery Riccio (Branford, Conn./Branford) each contributed nine points. For Riccio, it marked her career-best in a career-high 34 minutes.
- Casanueva stuffed the stat sheet by leading the Judges with nine rebounds, six assists and four steals. Jaromin had eight caroms as Brandeis won the battle of the boards, 33-29.
- Gordon's Alisha Henderson contributed 11 points off the bench, while the Scots' Sarah Gibbs led all players with 10 rebounds.
- Brandeis closes out the semester on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. at home against Roger Williams.
- Gordon kicks off a four-game road trip next Thursday evening at 6 p.m. at Anna Maria College.