Posted: Sep 11, 2018
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Looking to end their four-game homestand with a perfect record, The Judges came out aggressive and battled
- Sam Volpe (Groton, Mass./Groton) scored the lone goal of the game in the 30th minute with a gorgeous long-range effort that curled around the goalie and into the upper corner. The goal was Volpe's 1st of the season and of her career.
- The assist came from Senior Midfielder Julia Jaffe (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage), her first assist of the season as well. Despite coming in as a substitution, Jaffe played a big role with the attacking build up throughout the contest.
- Brandeis' defensive backline looked stellar, allowing only 1 shot in the first half and 4 shots total throughout the entire match. Goalkeepers Sierra Dana (Lombard, Ill./Glenbard East) and Victoria Richardson (Tolland, Conn./Tolland) both received significant minutes and despite not being tested often they kept the Warriors off the score sheet. Dana received the win as she starts the season with a sterling 4-0 record.
- Despite being under constant pressure throughout the game, ECSU Goalie Kayla Labrecque recorded seven saves, holding the relentless Judges attack to only one goal.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Brandeis outshot ECSU 14-4 as well as 8-2 in shots on goal, despite only holding a slim 3-2 advantage on corner kicks.
- Five Brandeis Attackers had multiple shots during the game, and multiple others also recorded shots during the contest as well. Senior Forward Julia Matson (Rockland, Mass./Rockland) led all players with three shots. Freshman phenom Juliette Carreiro (Upton, Mass./Nipmuc Regional) was unable to continue her three-game points streak but still played an impactful role with skillful runs and two shots during the match.
- Volpe's goal broke a three-game scoreless streak held by the ECSU Warriors.
- The Judges will take on the Babson College Beavers Saturday, September 15th, as the Judges open up a three-game away stretch leading up to Homecoming.