WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis University women's tennis team swept their cross-town rivals today as the Judges defeated Division II Bentley University, 9-0, on the Falcons' home courts. Brandeis, ranked #30 in Division III, improves to 7-6 on the season, while Bentley falls to 10-12.
HOW IT HAPPENED - DOUBLES
- Brandeis lost just four games across their three doubles matches to jump out to a 3-0 lead.
- Sophomore Haley Cohen (Cherry Hill, N.J./Laurel Springs) and rookie Olivia Leavitt (Falmouth, Maine/Falmouth) won 8-1 at No. 1.
- Seniors Sarita Biswas (Bedford, Mass./Bedford) and Hannah Marion (Hillsborough, N.C. / Cedar Ridge) won by the same score at No. 3.
- Junior Charlotte Aaron (Phoenix, Ariz./Arcadia) and rookie Sophia He (Poughkeepsie, N.Y./Spackenkill) were 8-2 winners at the No. 2 spot.
HOW IT HAPPENED – SINGLES
- The Judges did not drop a set in singles action.
- He (6-2, 6-0) had the quickest win at No. 3 singles, her first match at that spot in the ladder.
- Rookie Michele Lehat (Great Neck , N.Y. / John L. Miller Great Neck North) improved to 4-0 in singles matches this season with a 6-2, 6-1 win at No. 5.
- Cohen and rookie Keren Khromchenko (Manalapan, N.J. / Academy of Allied Health and Science) won by similar scores at No. 1 and 2 singles – 6-3, 6-4 for Cohen and 6-4, 6-3 for Khromchenko.
- Senior Emily Eska (Princeton, Mass./Wachusett Regional) and Aaron each had a 7-5 win – in the first set for Eska at No. 4 (7-5, 6-2) and the second set for Aaron at No. 6 (6-4, 7-5).
- The Judges meet #15 Tufts on Saturday at Trinity (Conn.) on Sunday.
For more information on Brandeis Athletics, please visit brandeisjudges.com or follow us on Twitter or Instagram @brandeisjudges, or follow us on Facebook.
- 30 -