WALTHAM, Mass. – The Brandeis University volleyball team rolled to a three-set win over visiting Emerson College tonight in Red Auerbach Arena. Set scores were 25-15, 25-14, 25-17. The Judges improve to 6-4 on the campaign with the win, while the Lions even their record at 6-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brandeis cruised in the first two sets as they never trailed, including a 9-0 run to open the second set.
- Emerson came out strong in the third set, scoring four of the first five points, and still led at 7-5 when the Judges scored four in a row to take a 9-7 lead.
- The third was tied at 14-14 when Brandeis closed on an 11-3 run. Junior outside hitter Emma Bartlett (Duxbury, Mass./Duxbury) closed strong, delivering kills on four of the final six points of the match.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bartlett finished with 11 kills and zero errors in 16 attempts for a .688 hitting percentage, her career-high in matches with 10 or more kills. She also had a match-high four block assists.
- Sophomore middle Marissa Borgert (Blaine, Minn./Spring Lake Park) added seven kills.
- Senior Yvette Cho (San Diego, Calif./Ranch Bernardo) led the defense with 17 digs, while rookie Stephanie Borr (Westfield, N.J./Westfield) added a career-high 10.
- Senior Marlee Nork (Chicago, Ill./Walter Payton Collegiate Prep) dished out 28 assists and helped the team hit at a .204 clip (33 kills, 14 errors, 93 attacks).
- Emerson's Grace Tepper had a match-high 12 kills, but no other Lion finished with more than three. As a team, Brandeis held the visitors to a .068 percentage.
- Senior Moira Brennan moved within five assists of 2,500 for her career for Emerson, finishing with 15. She also had the match's only double-double with 10 digs.
- Brandeis travels north to Maine this weekend to take on Bates and Colby in a tri-match in Lewiston, Maine on Saturday.
- Emerson hosts Mount Holyoke in a NEWMAC contest Saturday at noon with a non-conference match against Suffolk to follow.